Add this project to your Ravelry favorites HERE.
Windmill Filet Chart
designed by Kim Guzman © Jun. 2014
Technique: Filet Crochet
Size 5 thread
- Yardage: approx. 2700 yds
- Crochet hook: Size 4 or size for gauge
- Gauge: 10 squares=3″; 10 rows=3″
- Finished Size: approx. 36″ x 51″
Size 10 thread
- Yardage: approx. 2400 yds
- Crochet hook: Size 7 or size for gauge
- Gauge: 10 squares=2.5″; 10 rows=2.5″
- Finished Size: approx. 30″ x 40″
Size 20 thread
- Yardage: approx. 2100 yds
- Crochet hook: Size 9 or size for gauge
- Gauge: 10 squares=2″; 10 rows=2″
- Finished Size: approx. 27″ x 38″
Each solid square is equal to 4 dc. Each open square is equal to (1 dc, ch 2, 1 dc). The dc at the end of each square also counts as the first dc of the next square. For example, a solid square followed by an open square is 4 dc, ch 2, 1 dc. Solid squares count as “solid mesh” and open squares count as “open mesh”.
Tip: When finished with one ball/cone of yarn, attach the next ball/cone only at the beginning or ending of a row to aid in the weaving of the loose end.
Starting with Row 1 of chart, using Stitch Guide, ch 394, sk 3 ch, dc in next 3 chs (first closed mesh created). Continue following chart to create remaining rows. At end of row 160, fasten off.