These types of shawls and scarves are very popular right now. They have a jagged edge usually made by skipping stitches at the end of rows. Very fun!
As far as I know, there is no actual name for this style. I’ve seen Stair Step Edge, Jagged Edge, Dragon Wing and Dragon Tail. No matter what you call them, they’re fantastic and quirky and fun. Enjoy!
Shown (left to right, top to bottom)
Notice and Disclaimer: All crochet patterns written by Kim Guzman at CrochetKim are in US terms. All photos not copyright to Kim Guzman are posted with permission. This website contains affiliate links.
1. Glücksdrache Lucky Dragon by Silke Reibeling of Häkelreigen Website
2. Dragon Wing by Lori of Aklori Designs
3. Twirling Colors by Pamela Rappaport
4. Double Trebble Dragon Tail Shawl by Teresa Alvarez
5. Fern by Jan Power
6. Dragon Tail Neckerchief by PurpleIguana
7. Bactus Scarf by Jane Green of Beautiful Crochet Stuff
Not Shown in Collage
8. Night Moves by PurpleIguana
9. Granny Dragontail Shawl by Teresa Alvarez
10. Lizard by Jasmin Räsänen of MorbenDesign on Ravelry
This concludes your Link Blast! Enjoy!
Many of you have written to me to ask how you can help support CrochetKim. A Patreon account was suggested but I thought it would be better to provide ad-free PDFs of my patterns so you would get something in return. I'm steadily working on adding PDFs to all my patterns and I've also made this compilation available at a discounted price. You can, of course, view, print, paste to a word processor, convert to PDF, etc. on your own. This is just an extra feature so that people help out, if they want. Thank you to all of you for your overwhelming support and kindness these many years. Enjoy!