All crochet patterns written by Kim Guzman at CrochetKim are in US terms. All photos not copyright to Kim Guzman are posted with permission. This website contains affiliate links. Any purchases through affiliate links will provide me with the income necessary to keep this site available at no extra cost to you.
When my daughter was about three or four years old, she wouldn’t say Unicorn. She always said Lilicorn. When she mispronounced words, I always tried to help her by working out the word with her, but I just couldn’t correct her for Lilicorn. I couldn’t. I had no idea how she came up with Lilicorn but it was so cute that I was completely happy with her mistake. Years went by and she learned how to say unicorn properly, but I never could figure out how in the world she got Lilicorn all those years ago.
One night, when she about 17 or 18, she came flying out of her bedroom telling me that she had figured it out! She was watching “Legend” with Tom Cruise and Mia Sara. If you’ve never seen the movie, you really must, even for nothing other than…. Tim Curry! So, there are unicorns in this movie. And, Mia Sara’s character is named Lily. And, there you have it! Lily+unicorn=Lilicorn. So funny.
I love unicorns. I have loved them all my life. It’s my daughter’s invention of Lilicorn that makes me love them the most. I can’t help thinking about her when I see them.
1. Unicorn Kawaii Cuddler™ by Donna & Michaelene of 3am Grace Designs
2. Rainbow Cuddles Unicorn by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof
3. Unicorn Applique by GoldenLucyCrafts
4. Unicorn Hat with Flowers by Erica Dietz of Five Little Monsters Blog
5. Unicorn Cushion by Gina Rahman of Tangle Tree Creative
6. Ragdoll Unicorn by Spin a Yarn Crochet
7. Unicorn Girl by Jessica Doering of Neogurumi
8. Unicorn Purse by Yazmina Nieblas of Minas Craft
9. Magical Unicorn Headband by Jennifer Lynn of Chain 8 Designs
10. Unicorn Hand Puppet by Erin Greene for The Hook Nook Life Blog
If you loved the Unicorn Link Blast, you’re sure to love the Mermaid Link Blast too!